- 15 g of organic water kefir grains reconstitutes to 30 g of fresh water kefir grains sufficient for 600 ml of water kefir (small Kefirko jar).
- Reusable live kefir cultures.
- The shelf life of dehydrated water kefir grains is 12 months from packaged date. We put a best before date sticker on all our retail kefir grains.
- Activation and care instructions with water kefir recipe included.
- With this product you get FREE ACCESS to: the online booklet “DELICIOUS KEFIR DISHES” with 30+ recipes.
What is water kefir?
Water kefir is delicious all natural probiotic beverage made from water, kefir grains and sugar. It’s dairy free, vegan and raw. To make water kefir you need live cultures – water kefir grains known also as tibicos, tibi or sugar grains. The grains are made up of a culture of various strains of healthy bacteria and yeast, held together in a polysaccharide matrix created by the bacteria. The microbes feed on sugar and produce lactic acid and carbon dioxide, yielding a fermented fizzy beverage that is very low in sugar.