Get 10% off your first order:
Second fermentation of water kefir with rosehip tea
Second fermentation of water kefir with rosehip is a great way to add flavour to your water kefir.
You can add tea to the already made water kefir, along with fruit, fruit juice and spices. Its important that all ingredients you use are of good quality, without additives.
I use Kefirko jars, apart from making kefir, also for second fermentation.
For more info about second fermentation click on Second fermentation of water kefir.
Ingredients and preparation steps
- 600 ml of water kefir
- 1 orange
- a pinch of cardamom seeds
- 3 tablespoons rosehip tea
- Wash the orange and cut it into slices.
- Add orange slices, cardamom, rosehip tea and water kefir to the jar.
- Cover with a lid or if you do not have Kefirko jar, lightly cover the regular glass jar with a lid. Do not close the jar completely so that kefir can ferment.
- Leave at room temperature for 24 hours or less if the room temperature is higher.
- Strain kefir and enjoy a drink full of good bacteria.
Enjoy all the benefits of tea and fermented water kefir.
Vedrana from Kefirolicious prepared this recipe.